Our Systems Change work focuses on critical issues from local clerk engagement to statewide reform, including ensuring fairer district maps across our state.
Democracy For All
Voting is how we make our voices heard. At Michigan LCV Education Fund, we fight to ensure everyone has an equal opportunity to use that voice. Find voting resources, view our systems change work, and find out how to get involved.
The Michigan League of Conservation Voters Education Fund’s Democracy for All program works to accomplish two goals: drive voter engagement and create real systemic change to ensure access to the ballot -- making every voice heard to ensure a healthy democracy.
- Educating voters on the election process, rolls of elected officials
- Empowering communities by giving them the resources needed for peer-to-peer youth voter education
- Turning out the vote through events, phone banking and door knocking efforts and providing voters with information on upcoming elections
- Active participation in voter protection efforts, including participating as and recruiting poll challengers and observers, sharing voter protection resources (voter hotline and issue resolution)
Systems Change Work
- Engaging with clerks on voting centers/dropboxes
- Recruiting poll workers and assisting with training
- Fighting for reform on absentee ballot counting and processing, election administration resourcing, and defending against supressive policies
- Educating our communities on the redistricting process
- Spearheading community engagement events
- Coordination with partner organizations in the redistricting process and census
Other Democracy For All Issues
Our team believes in every election voter engagement that acknowledges the continued barriers to the ballot. Our approach addresses the voter’s experience in its entirety, comprising voter education, voter turnout and voter protection.