Redistricting Timeline and Key Dates
Published in Resources on
MICRC MAPPING SCHEDULE
- October 27 at 1 p.m. — MSU Union Hall
- October 28 at 9 a.m. — MSU Union Hall
- October 29 at 9 a.m. — MSU Union Hall
- November 1 at 10 a.m. — MSU Union Hall
- November 2 at 10 a.m. — The Graduate, East Lansing
- November 3 at 10 a.m. — MSU Union Hall
- November 4 at 9 a.m. — MSU Union Hall
- November 5 at 9 a.m. — MSU Union Hall, vote on proposed maps
Regular Meetings Resume
- November 6 -13 — EDS produces maps, data, and legal descriptions
- Sunday, November 14 — Maps, legal descriptions, and documentation through census data published; 45-day public comment period begins.
Special meetings may be scheduled during the 45-day public comment period as needed.
- November 18 at 10 a.m. — University of Michigan, Michigan League, 911 N. University Ave., Ann Arbor, MI: Commission meeting
- December 2 at 10 a.m. — location TBD: Commission meeting
- December 16 at 10 a.m. — location TBD: Commission meeting
- December 29 — Final day of public comment period
- December 30 at 10 a.m. — location TBD: Commission meeting — First day Commission may vote on adoption of final maps (46th day after maps published)
Either by majority vote with votes to adopt from at least 2 commissioners from each affiliation pool, or the alternative procedure if no plan satisfies those requirements, as outlined in the Constitution.
- January 3 - January 31, 2022 – Draft Commission Report
- February 2, 2022 — Commission report due 30-days after adoption.
- March 3, 2022 — Maps become law 60-days after publication of redistricting plan.
- April 19, 2022 — Deadline for candidate filings and the deadline for Bureau of Elections (BOE) update to Qualified Voter File (QVF).