Redistricting Timeline and Key Dates
MICRC MAPPING SCHEDULE
- Friday, August 20: State Senate, Southeast and South Central
- Monday, August 23: State House/Senate, Southeast
- Tuesday, August 24: State House/Senate, South Central
- Thursday, August 26 — TRAVERSE CITY: State Senate, Upper Peninsula, Northeast, & Northwest
- Monday, August 30: State House, Upper Peninsula, Northeast, & Northwest
- Tuesday, August 31: State House/Senate, Upper Peninsula, Northeast, & Northwest
- Wednesday, September 1: State House/Senate, Southeast and South Central
- Thursday, September 2 – ANN ARBOR: State Senate, Detroit Metro
- Tuesday, September 7: State House, Southwest
- Wednesday September 8: State Senate, Southwest
- Thursday, September 9 - BIG RAPIDS: State House, West
- Monday, September 13: State House, West
- Tuesday, September 14: State Senate, East, East Central
- Wednesday September 15: Congressional, East, East Central
- Thursday, September 16 – ALLENDALE: Congressional, Southwest & West
- Monday, September 20: State House, East, East Central
- Tuesday, September 21: State House, Detroit Metro
- Wednesday, September 22 *Final date of Draft Proposed mapping*: Congressional, Detroit Metro
Note: Any districts not drafted on the scheduled day will be continued during a subsequent meeting
- Thursday, September 23 – Central Michigan University, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Monday September 27 - Cadillac Place, Detroit from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday September 28 - Cadillac Place, Detroit from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday September 29 - Cadillac Place, Detroit from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, September 30 – Oakland University, ROCHESTER HILLS - Vote for Draft Proposed maps, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday, October 1 – tentative hold
September 30 – October 8 - EDS to develop maps, data, and legal plan for publishing of Draft Proposed Maps.
NOTE: Times on September 27-29 will change depending on the availability of the facility.
Draft Proposed Maps Publication
- October 8 - Publish Draft Proposed Maps for public viewing, comment, and public hearing
- Monday, October 11 - The Dort Center, Flint
- Wednesday, October 13 - Treetop Resorts, Gaylord
- Thursday, October 14 - Northern Michigan University, Marquette
- Monday, October 18 - Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, Grand Rapids
- Wednesday - Oct 20, Radisson Plaza Conference and Hotel, Kalamazoo
- Thursday, October 21 - Lansing Center, Lansing
- Monday, October 25 – Macomb Community College, Warren
- Wednesday, October 27 – Schoolcraft College, Livonia
- Thursday, October 28 – TCF Center, Detroit
Note: If Public Hearings begin in the afternoon, Commission meetings can be held in the morning of public hearing days to review the previous public hearing. For example, the Commission would hold its debrief for the Marquette Public Hearing on Wednesday morning, October 13 in Gaylord.
Regular Meetings Resume
- Deliberations - Friday, October 29—Cadillac Place, Monday-Friday, November 1-5
- Friday, November 5 – Vote on proposed maps
- November 6 -13 - EDS produces maps, data, and legal descriptions
- Sunday, November 14 – Maps, legal descriptions, and documentation through census data published; 45-day public comment period begins.
- Special meetings may be scheduled during the 45-day public comment period as needed.
- December 29- Final day of public comment period
- December 30 – First day Commission may vote on adoption of final maps (46th day after maps published)
Either by majority vote with votes to adopt from at least 2 commissioners from each affiliation pool, or the alternative procedure if no plan satisfies those requirements, as outlined in the Constitution.
- January 3 – January 31, 2022 – Draft Commission Report
- February 2, 2022 – Commission report due 30-days after adoption.
- March 3, 2022 – Maps become law 60-days after publication of redistricting plan.
- April 19, 2022 – Deadline for candidate filings and the deadline for Bureau of Elections (BOE) update to Qualified Voter File (QVF).